The Indian Institute of Management (IIMB) in partnership with edX, a not-for-profit online initiative of Harvard and MIT has been offering the MOOCs programme (IIMBx) since 2014.
JK Business School has signed up the MoU with IIMB to offer the three-month online certificate programme as part of the “IIMBX School Partnership Programme.”
To use digital learning to enable extensive access to management education. Led by the faculty at IIM Bangalore, IIMBx offers online courses and programmes covering core and advanced business and management subjects. Online programmes by IIMBx use technology to enable anytime, anywhere learning in a global classroom.
IIMBx MBA Preparatory Programme
It’s a preparatory programme targeted at equipping students with a basic understanding of Statistics, Accounting and Economics before joining a full-time PGDM/MBA programme. This bridge course is a package of 3 MOOCs – Statistics for Business, Introduction to Accounting and Managerial Economics and is already being used at a few IIMs including IIMB.
To study the role, Accounting plays in an organization and how to prepare and analyze financial statements. An introduction to Microeconomics and its impact on managerial decision making in today’s business world. Examine data from the perspective of business scenarios and demonstrate ways to apply this data to make enhanced decisions.
- Become more informed and prepared for any new challenges in your field by pursuing academic credentials.
- Use technology to learn through a well-balanced mix of multimedia courseware and virtually experience IIM Bangalore classroom.
- Effective and engaging learning experience through lecture videos, online quizzes, multimedia cases, references, readings, forum interactions, and live sessions.
- Fulfill your education requirements at a nominal cost.
- Plan your study flexibly at your convenience.
- Gain a greater understanding of the overall body of knowledge you need to earn your degree in.
- Talk about classroom assignments using chat forums or live online discussions.
- Learn from your peers and broaden your worldview too.
- Completing MOOCs in such areas will provide you an edge over your competitors to secure a job.
- Earn credit while still enjoying your vacations or fulfilling the responsibilities at college.